Dear KIPP Texas-Austin Families,
We certainly miss seeing our KIPPsters and we hope everyone is well. KIPP Texas-Austin is committed to continuing feeding students while our buildings are closed. Starting Wednesday, April 15, we will have two additional meal distribution sites. Both sites will serve breakfast, lunch, and snacks from 10am and 1pm. These sites are located close to two new KIPP schools, KIPP Paseo Primary and KIPP Paseo Preparatory, which are currently accepting applications for the upcoming school year. Registration information will be available onsite.
- New Bus Grab & Go Distribution Site 1 – Greater Holy Temple Church, 1806 Montopolis Dr, Austin, TX 78741
- New Bus Grab & Go Distribution Site 2 – Los Cielos Park, 12612 Campana Dr, Del Valle, TX 78617
For this week only, these sites will distribute meals Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Starting April 20, meal distribution at all sites including bus grab & go routes, will only occur on Mondays and Wednesdays, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Families will be able to pick up meals for multiple days; we will be serving the same number of free meals to our families and communities, just in a more efficient and convenient manner. For a list of distribution sites click HERE.
As a reminder, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has authorized schools to distribute meals to all individuals under 19 years old and all identified special education children enrolled in school under the age of 21. Parents picking up meals without children present must provide one of the following forms of documentation at the point of distribution. Note: Without one of the listed items below, parents will receive meals for the number of children present with them. If your children are with you, there is nothing you need to provide.
- A school ID for your child/children
- An individual student report card
- An official email or letter from your school listing your children who are enrolled in school
- Attendance record or any other official school document showing the name of your child
- A student pick-up placard which has the name of your child
- A birth certificate
We are honored to be able to serve free meals to our families and our communities. To date, we have served over 113,000 meals.
Thank you for your patience as we implement the new distribution schedule starting Monday, April 20.