Dear KIPP Texas Families,
Thank you for continuing to share your beautiful children with us and each other by posting pictures and videos on social media, using #MyKIPPTexas. Their smiling faces brighten up my day and remind me why the entire KIPP Texas Team & Family have chosen to work here: so that together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
I want you to know that all of us are working hard to prepare a safe and joyful learning environment for those of you who choose to bring your KIPPsters to our schools for in-person instruction. In the following weeks, we will be providing more detailed information regarding the opportunity for your KIPPster to learn in person, starting between October 13-19, so that you can have a full picture of how in-person restart will work and how we will protect your KIPPsters’ health and safety.
You will have the opportunity to complete the Method of Learning survey from September 21 – 28, in order to select your child’s method of learning for the second nine week instructional cycle. Here are the two options:
• Option 1:
100% online learning, five-days-a week. This would continue virtual learning for students for the second nine week instructional cycle if parents opt into this method.
• Option 2:
100% in-person learning five-days-a-week in a classroom in a school building on our campus.
• Every family must fill out another Method of Learning survey for the second nine week instructional cycle even though you completed one earlier this summer.
• Families who do not make a choice for their child’s method of learning by September 29 will be placed in option one–100% online learning. Parents may inform us of any changes until October 5th, so we can plan accordingly.
We will provide more information about the Method of Learning survey for the second nine weeks of instruction on September 21, at which time the survey will be available in SchoolMint.
KIPP Texas Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Because we know that well-nourished and physically fit children learn better, we take great care in providing nutritious and delicious meals to all our KIPPsters. As you may already know, KIPP Texas is offering FREE breakfast and lunch to registered KIPPsters!
Please visit the Grab & Go meal page on our website to see the times, meal pickup location for your school, and for more information. If your child attends one of our new schools, please complete a meal application first, if you haven’t already done so. For our new schools only, the application process will determine the cost of the meals – free, reduced price, or full price. Meals will be completely free to all KIPPsters not attending our new schools. Today, we want to let you know that you can see what we will serve for breakfast and lunch in your region! Check out our regional menus for KIPP Texas-Austin KIPP Texas-Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Texas-Houston, and KIPP Texas-San Antonio. Don’t forget to bookmark the page and come back every month, as we will update the menus monthly!
Don’t forget to register to vote or update your voter registration by October 5th if you are eligible!
• Make a plan to vote! Early voting in Texas runs from October 13 to October 30, and election day is Tuesday, November 3. All Little and Big KIPPsters will be released early on November 3 to give you time to vote.
• Want to help encourage others in our community to vote? Reach out to Addie Gomez, KIPP Texas deputy chief of advocacy, to learn about this fun opportunity!
• Want to share your voting story? Contact Noah Siegler, KIPP Texas digital storyteller!