After the lottery occurs on February 28, 2022, families will be notified via phone, mail, and/or email. There is no lottery event that parents must attend. On your application, please double-check your child’s birthday and the grade they will enter for the next school year, and the correct contact information. The contact information on the application will be used to inform you of your offer status.
No, there are no academic or behavioral requirements for enrollment, pre-K-12.
No. KIPP Texas Public Schools is an open-enrollment, public, tuition-free charter school network. This means anyone can apply and attend our schools, without paying tuition.
Families may provide a utility bill (electric, water, or gas), lease or mortgage statement. Documents must show the current date, match the address, and be in the guardian’s/parent’s name.
Welcome to the KIPP Team & Family! Your school will contact you to attend a Welcome event where you will get important information needed for the first day of school. We look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions until then, feel free to contact your school. (Summer orientation in July)
All families will be sent the 2022-2023 Academic Calendar after it goes through an approval process.
Yes, all KIPPsters wear a school uniform. Your student’s school will inform you of the needed uniform requirements.
Free transportation is available for all our schools with the exception of KIPP CONNECT Houston which is within walking distance to the local neighborhood. For more details and to identify the best bus stop for your family please go to https://kipptexas.org/transportation/.
Applications received after February 14, 2022, will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they are received.
To be eligible for enrollment in a free pre-kindergarten class, a child must be at least three years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if a 3-year old program is available) or four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if only a 4-year old program is available) and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program); or
- Is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
If the number of children interested in a specific grade at a KIPP Texas school exceeds the number of seats available for that grade, names are drawn through a random, automated lottery process. If there are not enough open seats available, children will be placed on a waitlist. If and when seats become available at each KIPP school, we will notify families in the order of the waitlist.
No. We accept enrollment applications year-round. It is never too late to start the process to join the KIPP Team & Family! Applications received after February 14, 2022, will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they are received.