The health of our Little and Big KIPPsters is a top priority for KIPP Texas Public Schools. This page is a one-stop-shop for health-related information for the 2023-24 school year.
KIPP Texas School Health Services team consists of nurses and clinic coordinators who service all of our KIPP schools. Our Nurses and Clinic Coordinators provide a warm and welcoming environment for students to receive individualized health care. We work very closely with mental health, nutrition, and school staff to ensure your child’s health needs are advocated. Our goal is to support KIPPsters and families to have the best school experience and bring joy.
We offer the following Health Services:
- First Aid Care
- Emergency Care Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Medication Administration
- Perform skilled nursing care procedures
- Case manage students with chronic health conditions
- Provide resources for immunizations and free eye glasses
- Provide medical referrals for healthcare services
- Screen and refer students for vision, hearing, scoliosis, and diabetes risk
- Provide health education to students, staff, and parents
We aim to support students by reducing absenteeism, academic failure, and school dropouts related to health barriers. If we can provide any of these services for your child, please directly contact your site based nurse/clinic coordinator.