Welcome to KIPP Texas!
Start Your Registration!
Now that you’ve received an offer, we ask all families to accept and register within one week. Families will see a countdown on their SchoolMint account when their offer expires.
Upon acceptance of your KIPP Texas offer, families will automatically be directed to start their registration process for the next school year.
Already Registered? Congratulations!
If you have already completed your child’s registration – congratulations – you’re on your way to a joyful start for the upcoming school year – we look forward to seeing you!
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS INCLUDE:
- Student Birth Certificate
- Student Social Security Card, if applicable
- Updated Student Immunization Records
- Parent/Guardian Current and Valid Government Issued ID
- Residency Information/Proof of Residency *If you or your family are experiencing homelessness, please reach out to your regional recruitment team.
- Proof of Guardianship, if applicable
Need Additional Help?
Our Student Recruitment Team is here to assist you via email or phone call.
Join Registration Support Hours
Join a Family Onboarding Event
New-to-KIPP Frequently Asked Questions
When will I find out if my child's application was selected in the lottery?
After the lottery occurs on Monday, March 4, 2024, families will be notified via phone, mail, and/or email. There is no lottery event that parents must attend. On your application, please double-check your child’s birthday and the grade they will enter for the next school year, and the correct contact information. The contact information on the application will be used to inform you of your offer status.
I need help finding my offer and registering, who can I contact?
We are here to help every step of the way! Log in to your Schoolmint account to find your offer status and see the steps needed to register. If you still need help, contact us with questions any time by reaching out to your region’s Student Recruitment teams:
Austin: ApplyAustin@kipptexas.org, 512-953-7107
Dallas-Forth Worth: ApplyDFW@kipptexas.org, 214-448-5866
Houston: ApplyHouston@kipptexas.org, 281-879-3051
San Antonio: ApplySA@kipptexas.org, 210-880-8080
Are there admissions requirements at KIPP schools?
No, there are no academic or behavioral requirements for enrollment, Pre-K-12.
Does KIPP charge tuition to attend?
No. KIPP Texas Public Schools is an open-enrollment, public, tuition-free charter school network. This means anyone can apply and attend our schools, without paying tuition.
How can I stay informed about key dates and exciting news at KIPP Texas?
How can I provide proof of residency?
Families may provide a utility bill (electric, water, or gas), lease or mortgage statement. Documents must show the current date, match the address, and be in the guardian’s/parent’s name.
I have accepted and registered, what's next?
Welcome to the KIPP Team & Family! Your school will contact you to attend a Welcome event where you will get important information needed for the first day of school. We look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions until then, feel free to contact your school. (Summer orientation in July)
When is the first day of school?
All families will be sent the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar after it goes through an approval process.
Does my child need to wear a uniform?
Yes, all KIPPsters wear a school uniform. Your student’s school will inform you of the needed uniform requirements.
Will transportation be offered?
Free transportation is available for all our schools with the exception of KIPP CONNECT Houston which is within walking distance to the local neighborhood. For more details and to identify the best bus stop for your family please go to https://kipptexas.org/transportation/.
What if I applied after the application deadline?
Applications received after February 26, 2024, will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they are received.
Who is eligible for free Pre-K at a KIPP Texas Public School?
To be eligible for enrollment in a free pre-kindergarten class, a child must be at least three years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if a 3-year old program is available) or four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year (if only a 4-year old program is available) and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Is educationally disadvantaged (which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program); or
- Is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code; or
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.
My child was put on the waitlist, what does that mean?
If the number of children interested in a specific grade at a KIPP Texas school exceeds the number of seats available for that grade, names are drawn through a random, automated lottery process. If there are not enough open seats available, children will be placed on a waitlist. If and when seats become available at each KIPP school, we will notify families in the order of the waitlist.
I want to be a new KIPPster but my family missed the deadline to apply for the lottery. Do we have to wait until next school year to apply again?
No. We accept enrollment applications year-round. It is never too late to start the process to join the KIPP Team & Family! Applications received after February 26, 2024, will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which they are received.
Welcome to the
KIPP Team & Family
At KIPP Texas, our students, called Little KIPPSters, families, teachers, and staff, called Big KIPPsters, create a community we call Team & Family. Through this community, KIPP students are supported in each step of their education, and even as alumni after they leave our campuses.
Little KIPPsters, Welcome to the Team & Family!