The safety of our Little and Big KIPPsters is a top priority for KIPP Texas Public Schools. This page is a one-stop-shop for safety-related information for the 2023-24 school year.
At KIPP Texas, we take the responsibility of keeping our KIPPsters safe – seriously. In the 2023-24 school year, we reaffirm our commitment to safety grounded in the following safety promise: to keep our Little and Big KIPPsters as safe as possible using reasonable, recommended, research-backed policies, procedures, and physical safety standards.
Visitor Management & Access Control
- All exterior doors/gates will be closed and locked, as building design allows, during the school day.
- Only visitors on verified official business will be allowed beyond the front desk.
- All visitors, including parents/guardians, must sign in and provide valid photo identification to the front office and must visibly wear a temporary visitor’s badge at all times during their visit.
- Any visitors without a visible visitor’s badge will be redirected back to the front office to obtain one. Visitors must report back to the front office after their visit to sign out.
- Drills are regularly conducted throughout the school year to ensure staff and students are prepared to respond in an emergency. During lockdowns (drills or otherwise), all classroom doors are locked.
- In addition to the KIPP Texas Multi-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan (MHEOP), KIPP Texas also utilizes the Standard Response Protocol (SRP) and Standard Reunification Method (SRM) created by the Colorado-based I Love You Guys Foundation, to simplify the district’s emergency response and reunification procedures. We believe this protocol helps foster a safe learning and working environment for all students and staff.
- Staff will immediately report all concerning behavior, including threats and any physical safety concerns, to School Leaders or the next available school leadership team member.
- School leadership and assigned staff members will be present and vigilant during arrival and dismissal times.
- Staff members monitor all open exterior doors during arrival and dismissal. Entries will not remain propped open without a monitor.
A KIPP Texas student or family can quickly and anonymously report any suspicious activity, bullying, or other student-related issues to a school administrator by submitting an Anonymous Alert report.Submit an Anonymous Alert