It’s the beginning of the STAAR testing season, and our Little KIPPsters will certainly rock the STAAR! Take a look at the 2023 STAAR Testing Calendar below, along with a list of helpful tips for your KIPPster to have great testing days ahead.
- Get a good night’s rest. Go to bed early, and turn off all electronics 30-60 minutes before bedtime to allow your mind to rest. STAAR tests can be long, so it is important to be well-rested for the day.
- Be prepared! Have your clothes and school items ready to go early in the morning!
- Have a balanced and nutritious breakfast to fuel your mind! Don’t forget that all KIPP Texas Public Schools serve free breakfast. Check with your school to find the time.
- Arrive at school early to prepare. Teachers will make sure you have the supplies needed to begin the test.
- Don’t rush. Be sure to read directions and questions completely and answer each question fully. If you don’t know the answer or response, come back to it after finishing up other questions.
- Have confidence! Stay positive and try your best, and you will surely rock the STAAR!
|April 19||Grade 4-6 Reading, English I|
|April 20||Grade 3, 7, and 8 Reading, English II|
|April 25||Grade 5/8 Science, Biology I|
|April 26||Grade 8 Social Studies, US History|
|May 2||Grade 4-6 Math|
|May 3||Grade 3, 7, and 8 Math, Algebra I|
Good luck KIPPsters, go rock the STAAR!
For a more detailed testing calendar: 2022-2023 Student Assessment Testing Calendar