KIPP Texas Families,
Happy last school week of 2022! We are near the finish line but can’t slow down quite yet. Our KIPPsters need us every day this week as we balance work and festivities and end this calendar year with joy. Soon enough, we will be relaxing in pajamas during our vacation, just like our KIPP Destiny Little KIPPsters in Dallas, who recently enjoyed a pajama day!
The Spring semester Brings Joy with much to celebrate! Soon, we will begin graduation preparations across our KIPP high schools, and students will open college acceptance letters. The hard work and persistence of our KIPPsters will come to fruition. Some students have already received the best news for their college careers!
I am excited to announce that 31 of our Class of 2023 KIPPsters were chosen as finalists for the highly selective QuestBridge National College Match Program! From 5,613 finalists nationwide, 14 Little KIPPsters were matched to their top college choice. Our Little KIPPsters listed below will receive a full-ride scholarship with all expenses paid, including room and board, books, and supplies! Read more about it on our blog here.
- Daisy Garcia (KIPP Northeast) – Yale University
- Cesar Ferrer (KIPP Connect High) – Boston University
- Daenna Gonzalez (KIPP Houston High) – Stanford University
- Aaron Cordoba (KIPP Houston High) – Amherst College
- Dyana Sanchez (KIPP Houston High) – The University of Notre Dame
- Mary Aririguzo (KIPP Houston High) – Scripps College
- Joseph Parada Calix (KIPP Houston High) – Denison University
- Gabriel Becerra (KIPP Austin Brave) – Rice University
- Helen Gailani (KIPP Austin Brave) – Dickinson College
- Lizeth Moctezuma (KIPP Austin Collegiate) – Washington and Lee University
- Danela Lira (KIPP Austin Collegiate) – California Institute of Technology
- Ailin Mendoza (KIPP Austin Collegiate) – The University of Pennsylvania
- Seth Moore (KIPP Somos Prep) – Hamilton College
- Jezmin Chavarria (KIPP University Prep) – Emory University
Such INCREDIBLE news! Congratulations to the students, their families, and the Big KIPPsters that supported them through and now to college. Way to Chase Excellence, KIPPsters!
With our relentless pursuit of excellence, we are preparing our students for success in college, leadership, and life. Each year, we strengthen this foundation for the day they graduate from KIPP and leave for college or their chosen path. Our Little KIPPsters must continue building on the solid foundation to ensure they succeed in college, career, and beyond. With re-enrollment season around the corner, January 9-31, we want ALL of our Pre-K -11th-grade students to return to KIPP in the next school year.
Five days to go, KIPPsters! Let’s Chase Excellence through the finish line. Until next year, KIPPsters!
CEO de KIPP Texas