It’s the beginning of the STAAR testing season, and our Little KIPPsters will undoubtedly rock the STAAR! Take a look at the 2021-2022 STAAR Testing Calendar below, along with a list of helpful tips for your KIPPster to have great testing days ahead.
- Get a good night’s rest. Go to bed early, and turn off all electronics 30-60 minutes before bedtime to allow your mind to rest. STAAR tests can be long, so it is important to be well-rested for the day.
- Be prepared! Have your clothes and school items ready to go early in the morning!
- Have a balanced and nutritious breakfast to fuel your mind! Don’t forget that all KIPP Texas Public Schools serve free breakfast. Check with your school to find the time.
- Arrive at school early to prepare. Teachers will make sure you have the supplies needed to begin the test.
- Don’t rush. Be sure to read directions and questions completely and answer each question fully. If you don’t know the answer or response, come back to it after finishing up other questions.
- Have confidence! Stay positive and try your best, and you will surely rock the STAAR!
|May 3 - May 6
|Grade 8 Science
|Grade 8 Social Studies
|Grades 3–8 Mathematics
|Grades 3–8 Reading
|Grade 5 Science
For a more detailed testing calendar: 2021-2022 Student Assessment Testing Calendar