We look forward to our KIPPsters returning to KIPP Texas Public Schools for the 2023-2024 school year! To guarantee your KIPPster’s spot, you must re-enroll your child through SchoolMint by January 31, 2023. Please read the information below for frequently asked questions about the re-enrollment process.
What makes KIPP Texas different?
At KIPP Texas, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare our students to pursue any path they choose — college, career, and beyond — so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
KIPP Texas is committed to equity in education with an instructional program in which students will be given the opportunity to master the fundamental skills of reading, writing, listening, speaking, spelling, and mathematics. Other fundamental learning in the arts, literature, foreign language, natural sciences, social sciences, physical education, and college and career readiness skills is provided for all students.
Will transportation be offered at KIPP?
Transportation options vary by school. For more details and to identify the best bus stop for your family please go to https://kipptexas.org/transportation/.
What grade levels are available for the 2023-24 school year?
KIPP Texas – Austin will offer pre-K3 to 12th grade during the 2023-2024 school year in 10 schools. See all Austin Schools here.
KIPP Texas – Dallas Fort Worth will offer pre-K4 to12th grade during the 2022-2023 school year in seven schools located in East and South Dallas. See all Dallas-Fort Worth schools here.
KIPP Texas – Houston will offer pre-K3 to 12th grade during the 2022-2023 school year in 34 schools located throughout the city. See all Houston schools here.
KIPP Texas – San Antonio will offer kindergarten to 12th grade during the 2022-2023 school year in seven schools located in West and Central San Antonio. See all San Antonio schools here.
I’m having trouble accessing SchoolMint. What can I do?
Option 1 – Try logging in through a different internet browser: Microsoft Edge , Chrome, Firefox, Safari. A new browser will not have the old cookies stored.
Option 2 – Try logging in from an incognito window
- If you don’t want to change browsers, open an incognito window and try logging in.
- CTRL + SHIFT + N (Chrome and Edge)
- CTRL + SHIFT + P (Firefox)
- File > New Private Window
Option 3 – Clear your cache
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the kabob menu (three dots column).
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data. Or press CTRL + SHIFT + Del
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Still need help? Contact your school’s front office!
How can I prepare for completing re-enrollment?
That’s a great question. Below are the following documents that will be needed.
- All families, please plan to upload the most up-to-date immunization records for your child(ren).
- For Pre-K4 and 6th-grade families, new vaccinations are needed for Kindergarten and 7th graders. Please upload the latest immunization records with these included. This is a required task.
Proof of Residency, if you have moved within the last 12 months:
- Acceptable proof of residency includes: a utility bill (electric, water, or gas), lease, or mortgage statement
- Undocumented families can submit a notarized letter stating residence with confirmation of lease or mortgage holder. Must show the current date, match the address, and be in the guardian’s name.
- Find a Texas Notary here: https://www.texasnotary.com/find-a-texas-notary
- TEA requires the document must be within 30 days of submission.
Guardian identification, if expired within the last 12 months. A current, non-expired Government-issued valid ID, i.e. Driver’s License
Alternative Document for Parent/Guardian Identification:
- Out-of-Country Valid ID
- Military ID
- Certificate of Naturalization